John and Audrey's ride to the Cotswolds

John Tipper

John and Audrey's ride to the Cotswolds

Post by John Tipper »

John and Audrey’s ride to the Cotswolds – Sunday 1st September 2024

Our briefing will commence at 09:00 hrs at the first BP petrol station on the A10 by Buntingford, approx. 4 miles north of the A10/A120 RAB by Puckeridge. Many of our members will have further to travel to Buntingford and evenings are drawing in, our route therefore, has been shortened to 178mls. Please ensure you’re comfortable with this mileage before joining us.

We have arranged that our bikes can be parked on the yellow cross hatchings to the right of the fuel pumps as you enter the petrol station.

John’s group will depart first with Audrey’s group leaving a few minutes later. This should ease the queue at the Buckingham Garden Centre.

Those who would like a .gpx file of the route for their sat. nav. or Excel route for printing, should email John at john@reveillerrides.co.uk and these will be sent to you.

The distance from Buntingford to our coffee stop at Buckingham Garden Centre is 58 miles which we estimate should take approx. an hour and a half. The distance from Buckingham G.C., via the Charlbury Loop, to the Cotswold Barn for lunch is 43 miles. Our return to Buntingford is 95 miles. For those with Sat. Nav., when leaving the Cotswolds Barn, remember to activate the return route to Buntingford.

Please take special care at the roundabout at 53 miles, when we leave the A421, taking the third exit to join the A5130 to Woburn Sands. This multi junction roundabout can be very busy so it can be difficult to leave markers.

We estimate our return to Buntingford will be circa. 16:30-17:00 hrs.

We can’t think of a better way to spend a sunny Sunday so we hope you’ll join us but bring a wet suit just in case.

We look forward to having a great day.

John and Audrey
John Tipper

Re: John and Audrey's ride to the Cotswolds

Post by John Tipper »

Hi All,

It is with much regret that we have to cancel this year's ride to the Cotswolds.

Organising and running such a ride takes planning and the support of Group Observers.

Regretfully, our date clashes with Sunday's "Slow Riding Skills Day" taking place at North Weald Airfield. EAMG is primarily a training Group but we also enjoy considerable social activities. I’m informed North Weald Airfield are renowned for late confirmation of dates and this Sunday is no exception, clashing with our Cotswolds ride.

The “Slow Riding Skills Day” is an important event for EAMG but at this time of year, it is inevitable several Observers will be away.

John Tipper'
michelcouque

Post by michelcouque »

From Tony Seaman

I have just read that Sundays ride to the Cotswolds has been cancelled due to it clashing with e slow riding day.
I am willing to lead a ride for those that are not attending the SRD.
Any thoughts?

Tony
John Tipper

Post by John Tipper »

Hi Tony,

I have just seen your posting re our ride to the Cotswolds.

I would love to join you but now it's not possible.

If it's any help, I'll email you the route we were using.

John
michelcouque

Post by michelcouque »

Hi John.

I posted on Tony's unknown behalf, I will contact him re your route message.

Best